15/11/2011

Joker - Digidesign

Although I think what has become of this dubstep hype is pretty retarded, the things I heard a couple of years ago when it was still pretty unexplored territory, was pretty good. I always loved the releases of Hyperdub, a London based label lead by the intriguing Kode 9 ( 9 Samurai and Portal both are still some of my fastest personal launches into deepspace) that also has Burial - he's been blogged about enough already I think - Four Tet, Flying Lotus, King Midas Sound, Darkstar and the Spaceape, an MC that redefines the concept of mindfuck every two verses.

Anyway, I always liked this song for it's pretty cool title, the simplicity, the trippy sounds, the chillness and at the same time some mysterious tension, that cymbal pitching up every few beats and the beautiful, beautiful synth melodyn how it flows around itself... damn.
If I were an astronaut who loses grip of the edge of his ship and starts floating away into infinity, I'd put this song on infinite repeat.

K


This song is also worth listening to, I don't know a lot of songs as dreamy as this one.




No comments: