08/11/2011

Tupakointi on hengen-vaarallista

Dear Rizla. Dear Gauloises. Dear Pall Mall, dear Marlboro, Bastos, Tigra, Lucky Strike and Belgam 20

Farewell. You all have been trusted company in times of stress, relief, relaxation, excitement, and together we've seen quite some places. I remember school, gardens, train stations, bus stops, cars, tents, classrooms, any place I've ever been waiting for more than 2 minutes... I remember striking a match on one of the legs of the Eiffel tower, hiding from the wind at the Big Ben, sharing a cigarette with the hobos in Vaasa, blowing smoke rings in my hometown bar, having an excuse to go up to a girl, ask a lighter, feel only slightly caught when you use your own two minutes later because there's nothing a smile can't fix, I remember you by my side while waiting at a Finnish airport and noticing the effect of a slightly trembling hand on the smoke, I remember you as the easiest way not to stand with my hands in my pockets and actually dance at the party.
I remember sharing hangovers and cups of coffee.

But then again. I forgot how food actually tastes. I want that back. I want to fully know how a kiss tastes, even more. I want to be able to run and not have the most disgusting slime and cough attacks. I would like to be able to go to bed after a night out without waking up and having the feeling that I ate a bowl of sand before I went to bed. I remember looking through every drawer, cupboard and piece of clothing with a pocket to escape from nicotine withdrawal. It's been enough. I think it's time to see other people.
I'm sure we will meet again, perhaps during a post-orgasm cooldown I will quickly say hi, but don't count on it. I wish I could say it's not you, it's me, but perhaps it's better if we'd just say nothing anymore and leave each other.

Sincerely
K

No comments: