08/03/2012

Максим Емельянов


Looking again, after such a long break, to good, ol' Dazed&Confused makes me feel good because it is simply impossible to go to their site and not find something intriguing, beautiful, experimental.
And here we go with this Russian photographer. I don't know how to approach these photographs from his project titled Crimea Burning. They are absolutely stunning and there is something, I would say magical if that wouldn't be such a vague word, but spiritual would come a bit closer. One can almost read that spirituality between the lines of Maxim's interview. This is obviously my first impression of this artist but I instantly felt like there is much more layers to his work than the ones our eyes are able to capture. I like the concept of connecting individual things with a bigger something.

"It just happens. Or not happens.
I like long processes with surprising results.
Jump in your hollow, my friend. Show
me your waste. Hold on. Take time.
You can't waste it, just be focused.
You can't stop - all you got is now."


ISABELL


No comments: