31/03/2012

N.MOUNT more awesome with every lecture


The last lecture for English 140 is over now *tear*. Against all assumptions of it concentrating on the final exam, our professor instead talked a bit about graffiti and more about street art. I honestly did not see that coming. It was amazing! I can't wait to get K here and drag him to one of those lectures.
Since professor Mount has been following that whole scene for a while, he introduced a lot of new names and tied the themes of certain pieces nicely to what we've been discussing in lectures over the whole year (homelessness, loss and search for identity, fast-paced culture, beauty, etc.). It was just a perfect ending to that class. I feel motivated (yet again) and because of that I just had to share couple of thoughts about it.
Oh, and I saw that cute stencil of a child on a wall nearby TIFF Bell Lightbox and thought I should put it up here. Unfortunately I do not know who the artist is, so if anyone has an idea I would love to know.

ISABELL

No comments: