03/04/2012

Atanarjuat -- The Fast Runner


We watched a pretty cool 3-hour film in class and although the length of it was on my mind I must say that it was a really good film so the three hours didn't hurt at all. Atanarjuat, directed by Zacharias Kunuk, tells a story of an Inuit community and a bad spirit's effect on it. Personally, the way the spirit was incorporated into the story and thus the film was really interesting. Although, according to our professor it might've been a bit uclear at first, I must say I didn't find it unclear at all. So, the story is very interesting and it's funny to see how strongly the viewer starts to respond to the characters' actions. And since the film is set entirely in the Inuit community, the landscapes and the nature is extremely beautiful. Thus, I think there's something really calming about this film. Don't hesitate to watch it if you have three hours to spare!
(Sorry for the bad trailer quality but after my five minute search I didn't find anything better.)

ISABELL

No comments: