19/04/2012

Dr. Dre's Beats: Monster Detox

While waiting for my bus last week I went to an electro-store and was testing some high-end headphones when I gave the Beats Detox headphones from Dr. Dre's Monster Series a shot. I always was a bit sceptic I plugged in my iPod, went to my typical headphone-testing songs and WTF. I was blown away by it's sound. I have a Beyerdynamic D770 Pro, a pair for professional mixing in studio, but they felt like a disappointment when I put the Detox back off. These had the best sound I've ever heard from a pair of headphones. They were amazing. I never even dreamed of such a perfect bass, perfect mid, high, a balance that in my opinion was near perfection...
They were quite pricy (499,99€ in that store) but damn, I want them. Personally I wouldn't mix any projects on them because I think the fact that a normal .mp3 at 192kbps sound like heaven means that basically everything sounds amazing on it, so you don't have any objectivity left in your mix. For producers and professionals these are completely useless, they just sound too good. As a consumer however this thing sounds like a dream. If angels would wanna whisper in your ear they would do it through these headphones.


K



No comments: