09/10/2011

Storm Thorgerson art

Here's some art by Storm Thorgerson, a British graphic designer and probably a lot of other stuff but I managed to rape my sleeping rhythm good enough this weekend to be unable to go deeper into it. If you like his stuff, I personally think he's really worth checking out because of his artwork for bands like Alan Parsons Project, Peter Gabriel, Led Zeppelin, Mike Oldfield, Pink Floyd (Pink Floyd!!!!)... I guess my dad was a big fan of his work since today I found out I inherited about 40 vinyl records with his artwork on the sleeve and they all look amazing. While browsing through and drooling on them I noticed his name returned a couple of times so I googled the guy and liked what I saw.

I like vinyl a lot. I can't really put my finger on why, I'd like to be able to say I started my collection before it became popular again but that sounds hipster-ish and I don't want to be a fucking hipster. To be perfectly honest I found my dad's old vinyl collection a couple of years ago and that was both the day I decided that my dad actually was a pretty cool guy at some point. Somewhere in the 70's but still.
There's also this great discussion about 'the sound of vinyl' that I don't really feel like going into today (let's blame my laziness on a mix of tiredness and cheap whiskey with the amazing name 'Old Smuggler' - came with a free whiskey glass - the combination makes sound a bit arrogant while the only thing it actually does is making me not care that mu

Blah, I'm not making sense. Let me just close the parentheses because I seem to have a slight OCD with opening/closing those fuckers:
)
And show you the artwork before I forget. Damn I fail at blogging properly.

K


And one of my all time favorite album covers:
(Pink Floyd - The Delicate Sound of Thunder)

No comments: